Sunday, September 28, 2014

The direction Star Trek 3 (2016) is heading in


Let me start off by saying I'm a huge fan of star treks 1&2 and what J.J. Abrams did for the franchise! The feel and overall scale of the movie was grandiose and is some of my favorite SciFi film I've seen. With Abrams leaving the third film to work on Star Wars ep. 7 the directors chair was left empty and a decision had to be made on who would take the reins of the Star Trek universe. It makes sense that writer/producer Robert Orci who has worked with Abrams on many of his films would be the predecessor but this choice has me fearing for what ST3 will look like come 2016. Orci has worked on many films that have done rather well but is notoriously known for adding a certain touch of heavy handed and sometimes unnecessary mystery, of course I'm referring to films such as The amazing Spider-Man 2 and his involvement in the Transformers franchise. Orci is also currently in talks to helm the power rangers reboot and although almost completely unnecessary I'm curious to see if it'll crash and burn or usher in some unexpected era of semi decent reboots even though I know people tend to hate on Hollywood for rebooting and rehashing anything they can get their hands on!
Anyway I'm starting to drift away from my point about what Orci seems to be doing with this movie that I'm cautiously keeping an eye on. Now I'm obviously nobody when it comes to telling this man what he should and shouldn't do with the movie he's getting paid to make but I definitely hope he has even half the love and visio nthat Abrams had for the Star Trek films. On that note only time and reviews will tell what will happen so for now all I can do is wait and wait I shall!

No comments:

Post a Comment