Sunday, January 18, 2015

What to watch: Whiplash (2014)

Wow....I finally had the chance to see this and I don't think I've ever been so excited for something only to have it completely shatter my expectations! 
Whiplash is the very definition of intense and after this I'd be utterly disappointed if J.K. Simmons doesn't get that Oscar for best Supporting actor. The is a prime example of how the ending of a film when done right can stir up some indescribable emotions. Watching this had me on the edge of my seat which might surprise some since it's a film about Jazz music of all things!
Miles Teller delivers a stellar performance and I'm still in disbelief at how real and and scary Simmons is as Fletcher. Not surprisingly the music in the film both score and otherwise played by the band in the film was great and I feel that this movie will make a jazz fan out of many. 
Not much more can be said on my part besides how much I loved this movie and it's last twenty minutes were just something that has to be witnessed both as a film fan and music lover alike. Go check this out as soon as possible! 
Rating: Full Price. 


No comments:

Post a Comment