Tuesday, December 16, 2014

What to watch: This is where I leave you (2014)

From the amazingly versatile director of 5 episodes of Animorphs and Jett Jackson: The Movie comes a wonderful dark comedy called "This is where I leave you". 
Yeah Shawn Levy has a strange filmography, so I was a bit hesitant going into this but looking at this cast I just had to see it. Seriously this cast is fantastic! I loved each and every one of these characters. This family is dysfunctional, witty and extremely charismatic. The story here has been done to death but that doesn't even matter since the actors all do such a great job with their respective roles. 
I really can't say much more since that is all that this movie is about. The film heavily relies on the chemistry between these people and I must say they do a terrific job. Every aspect of this movie takes a backseat to its dialogue and banter between these siblings who just can't seem to be a normal family. 
So this movie is fun and has a lot of heart but does it need to be seen in theaters? No, not if you don't want to. It's a good movie so if you'd like to give it a hard earned 7-10 bucks then sure go ahead, but I know most people would rather wait until it's out on DVD and Bluray so that's probably your best choice. 
Rating: (a very enthusiastic) RENTAL



No comments:

Post a Comment